World Cup Best Players

RiosTheGenius

Hall of Fame
well, so far we've gotten to see all the countries play and I think Lionel Messi gets my vote as the best player of this world cup so far, what do you guys think?
 

vkartikv

Hall of Fame
How about the other Ronaldo - Cristian? He has been working very hard in the flanks for Portugal. BTW, I am hoping either Argentina or Holland or the Czechs win this time.
 

ACE of Hearts

Talk Tennis Guru
Messi is a talent, i am waiting for Brasil to start using Robinho more.I like Tomas Rosicky and also Wayne Rooney.
 

Feña14

Legend
Rooney's only played for 20 minutes so far but i'm sure he will light the tournament up in the next few games.

Kaka has been the man for me so far, as usual he has been the man holding Brazil together and giving them the right balance. Brazil would be alot worse if they didn't have him in their side.

So my vote goes for Kaka.
 

diegaa

Hall of Fame
RiosTheGenius said:
well, so far we've gotten to see all the countries play and I think Lionel Messi gets my vote as the best player of this world cup so far, what do you guys think?
Feña14 said:
Rooney's only played for 20 minutes so far ...
Messi only got to play 16 mins. Dont get me wrong, I love messi style, but i think Rios is speeding up the judgement about Lionel... It doesnt matter how he´s done, 16 minutes it is simply not enough.

And BTW, r we talking about teh best YOUNG player or in general?
 

malakas

Banned
Feña14 said:
Rooney's only played for 20 minutes so far but i'm sure he will light the tournament up in the next few games.

Kaka has been the man for me so far, as usual he has been the man holding Brazil together and giving them the right balance. Brazil would be alot worse if they didn't have him in their side.

So my vote goes for Kaka.
I absolutely second that!Had it not been for Kaka,Brazil might even have lost at least one of its matches..But I still don't give up hope..;)

Yaya Toure is really a great player but not a big suprise for me.Besides I would never ever vote him,objectivity put aside, as long as he plays in that phuking team!!!:mad:
 

RiosTheGenius

Hall of Fame
diegaa said:
Messi only got to play 16 mins. Dont get me wrong, I love messi style, but i think Rios is speeding up the judgement about Lionel... It doesnt matter how he´s done, 16 minutes it is simply not enough.

And BTW, r we talking about teh best YOUNG player or in general?
I see what you're saying, but I'm more concerned with quality than quantity. Lionel played 16 min. and got his team going and made a difference. Ronaldo has been on the field for much longer and still doesn't justify why he's even in Germany. he might prove me wrong ( I hope, he's great when on), but to me, it is pretty impressive when a player enters the field at the end of a game and makes it seem as if one is watching a different game all of the sudden.
it reminds me a bit of Marcelito Salas during his time in River, he would play 10 min. in the second half and score.
 

Feña14

Legend
malakas said:
I absolutely second that!Had it not been for Kaka,Brazil might even have lost at least one of its matches..But I still don't give up hope..;)
hehe maybe I should start saying even more nice things in the hope of him totally messing up against England ;)
 

malakas

Banned
Feña14 said:
hehe maybe I should start saying even more nice things in the hope of him totally messing up against England ;)
Just be carefull what you say,about Rooney!!For you own good!!;)

BTW,Rooney really looks like a psycho!Everytime I look at him I shiver!!:(

diegaa said:
Messi only got to play 16 mins. Dont get me wrong, I love messi style, but i think Rios is speeding up the judgement about Lionel... It doesnt matter how he´s done, 16 minutes it is simply not enough.
I wanted to say the same thing,but I wasn't sure if Messi had played more in the second match..Of course,just 16 minutes are not enough to say anything..What I am really interested to see is Robinhio..I hope he plays more in the future..

Biggest dissapointment of the tourny sofar: Ronaldo!
 

Docalex007

Hall of Fame
I agree that Kaka is in good if not great form. Best overall player so far is either Miroslav Klose or Crespo.
 

GOOOOOGA

Rookie
i wouldn't say he's the best player in the world cup, but Roberto Carlos has been doing a lot of good things so far. yea, he gets beaten defensively sometimes, and lucio or juan comes over for help.roberto carlos, though, slides back diagonally instead of angrily double teaming the guy who beat him and letting one of the other team's forwards run in unmarked.

also, you gotta love his 60 yd runs to free up space and create opportunities for kaka, ronaldinho and company. he wouldve had a breakaway in the australia game, but ronaldo led him too much on a pass.
 

malakas

Banned
GOOOOOGA said:
i wouldn't say he's the best player in the world cup, but Roberto Carlos has been doing a lot of good things so far. yea, he gets beaten defensively sometimes, and lucio or juan comes over for help.roberto carlos, though, slides back diagonally instead of angrily double teaming the guy who beat him and letting one of the other team's forwards run in unmarked.

also, you gotta love his 60 yd runs to free up space and create opportunities for kaka, ronaldinho and company. he wouldve had a breakaway in the australia game, but ronaldo led him too much on a pass.
No,I don't think so.Brazil really suffers too much defensively against much much weaker teams to be able to say that Roberto Carlos is one of the best players in the World Cup..Also..in the past he was so much good that the difference with now dissapoints me..:(
 

diegaa

Hall of Fame
GOOOOOGA said:
i wouldn't say he's the best player in the world cup, but Roberto Carlos has been doing a lot of good things so far. yea, he gets beaten defensively sometimes, and lucio or juan comes over for help.roberto carlos, though, slides back diagonally instead of angrily double teaming the guy who beat him and letting one of the other team's forwards run in unmarked.

also, you gotta love his 60 yd runs to free up space and create opportunities for kaka, ronaldinho and company. he wouldve had a breakaway in the australia game, but ronaldo led him too much on a pass.
wow, i couldnt disagree more...
RC is playing awfuly. hesno more the player he used to be and his performance on the pitch has been very poor.

So far my kids, saviola is the way to go. :cool:
 

matty p

New User
RiosTheGenius said:
I see what you're saying, but I'm more concerned with quality than quantity. Lionel played 16 min. and got his team going and made a difference. Ronaldo has been on the field for much longer and still doesn't justify why he's even in Germany. he might prove me wrong ( I hope, he's great when on), but to me, it is pretty impressive when a player enters the field at the end of a game and makes it seem as if one is watching a different game all of the sudden.
it reminds me a bit of Marcelito Salas during his time in River, he would play 10 min. in the second half and score.
firstly, messi came into the game when argentina was winning 4-0 or something. i think the team was already 'going'.

secondly the reason he looked even more impressive is the fact that he was fresh when he came on whereas all the opposition had already been playing the first 74 minutes so wouldve been really tired.

go aussies
 
RiosTheGenius said:
well, so far we've gotten to see all the countries play and I think Lionel Messi gets my vote as the best player of this world cup so far, what do you guys think?

Miroslav Klose - 4 goals this World Cup (and 5 in 2002). :cool:

Condi
 

Docalex007

Hall of Fame
I said Klose yesterday before he scored two more goals today. I'll stick with Klose! :)

England vs. Sweden starts in 5 minutes. Can't decide who to go for. :)
 
Docalex007 said:
I said Klose yesterday before he scored two more goals today. I'll stick with Klose! :)

England vs. Sweden starts in 5 minutes. Can't decide who to go for. :)

Sweden.
So Germany can play England next. Would be easier than the tough Scandinavians.

Condi
 

Feña14

Legend
Joe Cole after that performance.

World class stuff, I expect him to get better and better in the round of 16 and beyond.
 

Return_Ace

Hall of Fame
Feña14 said:
Joe Cole after that performance.

World class stuff, I expect him to get better and better in the round of 16 and beyond.
that was just like... going over... no wait... dipping... goalies gonna get it... wait, it might just...... ooh the goalies got a touch... omg it went in.... did it?... OMG GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL
 

Feña14

Legend
Return_Ace said:
that was just like... going over... no wait... dipping... goalies gonna get it... wait, it might just...... ooh the goalies got a touch... omg it went in.... did it?... OMG GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL
haha that was exactly like it. My dad whos been a die hard Chelsea fan since the early 1960's was going crazy and so was my sister.

The ball he played in for Gerrard's goals aswell was another example of his fine team play, skills and incredible vision.

Fantastic stuff.
 

RiosTheGenius

Hall of Fame
matty p said:
firstly, messi came into the game when argentina was winning 4-0 or something. i think the team was already 'going'.

secondly the reason he looked even more impressive is the fact that he was fresh when he came on whereas all the opposition had already been playing the first 74 minutes so wouldve been really tired.

go aussies
so you're welcome to vote for somebody else dear
 

diegaa

Hall of Fame
Feña14 said:
haha that was exactly like it. My dad whos been a die hard Chelsea fan since the early 1960's was going crazy and so was my sister.

The ball he played in for Gerrard's goals aswell was another example of his fine team play, skills and incredible vision.

Fantastic stuff.
well, I was thinking before Larsson´s goal that england was the luckiest team in the tournet. Now i dont.
 

RiosTheGenius

Hall of Fame
so after this last first round game, I must say that though I still like Messi a lot, Mascherano has been very solid. in tennis terms - cero unforced errors - the guy's doing all the right things out there, he doesn't seem to make bad decisions. I like Mascherano.
 

KBalla08

Semi-Pro
TacoBellBorderBowl1946 said:
Ronaldinho is easily the best player in the world cup, but for the player whos played the best so far its Figo
yep i 2nd that, also, Ronaldo came out of his shell in their last game, scoring 2 and passing Pele for all time world cup goals... look out for him
 

malakas

Banned
KBalla08 said:
yep i 2nd that, also, Ronaldo came out of his shell in their last game, scoring 2 and passing Pele for all time world cup goals... look out for him
Pele??I thought that some German held the record...:neutral:
 

diegaa

Hall of Fame
malakas said:
Pele??I thought that some German held the record...:neutral:
Yeah, u r right. But ronaldo overcame the brazilian record held by pele.
Right now, ronaldo and müller share the all-time record.
 

KBalla08

Semi-Pro
malakas said:
Ah..thanx diegaa for clearing that up.:)
ya sorry i meant to say pass pele up to tie for the all time record, but i was leaving so i just typed it up fast and left...
 
Top