besides usable space, any other complaints or compliments? which would you recommend, as both the new and old models are available for purchase.Yes! I felt like the 9 pack was smaller than the previous model (from a usable space). I think it’s mostly due to the new center pocket design. I just ordered the 12 pack to see if Iike the size better.
Thanks for the detailed write up. I just got mine and IMO it’s definitely better in quality. It just feels more durable overall compared to the previous version. Pretty happy with it so far.Hey, I wanted to reply with my impressions on the Yonex Pro Racquet Bag. I purchased the smaller version (9-pack) of your posted bag in the black color instead of blue. Note that this is my first Yonex bag, but I do hit with Yonex Ezone DR 98s and know that Yonex is a company with a great reputation in regards to quality control. Furthermore, I am not paid, funded, or sponsored by TW or Yonex in any capacity.
Differences between this version and the previous one:
- Materials and Construction: The construction quality is top-notch and is evident throughout the bag. The materials feel thick and durable, including the backpack straps. I love that all compartments (aside from the shoe compartment) have two zippers that feel durable and glide effortlessly. The outside of the bag incorporates three textured materials in its construction. One material has a slight sheen and is used solely on the exterior of the accessories pocket. It appears to be water resistant. The second material has a scale-like appearance. It seems durable and is used on the top of the accessories pocket, on the flap of the shoe compartment, and on the bottom of the bag. The final fabric seems to be some sort of heavy duty canvas-like material. I feel 100% confident in the durability of this bag.
- Aesthetics: This is subjective, but I am a fan of simple designs. The branding on exterior is not ostentatious and I do appreciate that. The interior of the bag is a neon-green and I like the contrast it provides with the black exterior.
- Compartment Design:
- The accessory pocket has a small amount of padding and includes a mesh pocket that measures 7.5"x6" that will fit a cellphone/wallet or a pack of strings.
- There are two larger compartments on each side (one with Thermo Guard material and one without). I only have two rackets and fit them comfortably in the Thermo Guard compartment. The second compartment is fine for rackets or other tennis gear.
- The center compartment opens like a duffel bag and provides additional storage space. It also houses the shoe compartment. I'll likely use it for a change of clothes and to hold a jacket on colder days.
- The shoe compartment is spacious. I was able to fit a pair of Nike Zoom Cage 2s in there with 3.5 inches of extra space. One drawback to this compartment is that it is not vented.
- Backpack straps: I wanted to revisit this since Yonex has added another pair of the circular adjustable buckles for the backpack straps. This allows users to reverse the orientation of the bag. The buckles are easy to manipulate and connect/disconnect the straps. I am curious as to how these buckles will hold up compared to attachment points that are stitched into the bag.
Hope this helps!
- The new version does not have the two grab handles on the sides of the center compartment.
- The new version has moved the center/top grab handle to be closer to the backpack straps, possibly contacting the base of your neck or the back of your head when wearing the bag. Noticeable, but not off-putting.
Glad to hear it! I've gotten quite a few compliments on the looks alone. Loving it after 2 weeks in.Thanks for the detailed write up. I just got mine and IMO it’s definitely better in quality. It just feels more durable overall compared to the previous version. Pretty happy with it so far.
*Will update if it somehow falls apart lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have this bag and I’m very happy with how it holds up. I don’t leave my bag in my car for prolong periods. However, when I did have a Wilson 12/15 pack bag the silver foil began to chip away on the inside of the climate compartment. I didn’t have the bag very long and I didn’t abuse it. Just started chipping away from normal use. I think Yonex makes some of the best bags on the market. Very nice looking, quality materials, strong and sturdy zippers too.is the climate control compartment any good ?? better than wilson bags ?
Amazing. but surely they aren't as good and durable as RAFA babolat bags ??I have this bag and I’m very happy with how it holds up. I don’t leave my bag in my car for prolong periods. However, when I did have a Wilson 12/15 pack bag the silver foil began to chip away on the inside of the climate compartment. I didn’t have the bag very long and I didn’t abuse it. Just started chipping away from normal use. I think Yonex makes some of the best bags on the market. Very nice looking, quality materials, strong and sturdy zippers too.
If you are carrying stuff for you AND your kids, get the biggest bag you can. Tennis kids accumulate a ton of stuff.Debating between the 9 pack for 12 pack ? seems like width is 8cm larger on the 12, rest is the same. Wondering if the 12 can be too big, but I do have kids that play and we bring all the stuff on vacation. For me personnally Ill be bring between 2 to 5 racquets.
Does yonex use ykk zippers?i got the new yonex 9 pack. some thoughts:
- it is not much larger than my old babolat 6 pack bag.
- not having center handles makes it look much cleaner. but i will have to get used to not having carrying handles.
- wish the other side had an accessory/side pocket. it could have easily been added.
- because one side has the thermoguard and side pocket, this side of the bag seems to get used more (hence wider/more full), leads to the straps not being center mass.
- smart strap buckle system... with the round buckles it allows not only it to be removed & reversed, but allows more free range of motion when in use.
- access to shoe tunnel not the greatest. a bit of an awkward location and small opening.
i got the yonex bag because of my yonex sticks. but objectively i think the babolat 6 packs are better value.