Yonex Ti-80 vs. Head LM Prestige MP

hjhsu

New User
hi, dear all

Currently i use Yonex RDX500 Mid for all my games and practice.
But i found the smaller head size & low power may let my game in tough situation. :neutral: Although i can hit some good shot (40% of a game)
So i want to find another racquet more suitable for my current level. So, i choose two racquets: Yonex Ti-80 & Head LM Prestige MP. I demo for LM Prestige MP. nice racquet withe more power & great flat shot in baseline. But the flex seems more flexible than RDX500 Mid. After hitting the ball, the racquet still vibrates for 1.5 secs. Some people also love Yonex Ti-80 with great serve and volley. But i think if the string pattern will give too much spin. I hit flat shot of most hitting. Could anyone give me any comment.
Thanks.~:)

By the way, i dont like the spin potential of RDX500MP. Too much spin.
 

vkartikv

Hall of Fame
Vibrates for 1.5 seconds?? Sounds a little far-fetched to me. Both are excellent frames. It comes down to your style of game, your FH grip and how much emphasis you lay on feel.
 
have you tried the RDX500 HD? 18x20 string pattern might be better for you.

Have you tried a LM Radical MP? Although lighter, its even balance makes it a solid hitting frame.

sounds like you need to demo a bunch of new frames to find the one that feels right for your game. good luck!
 

wyutani

Hall of Fame
hello mate', here is how i fell about my yonex ti-80, who mercilessly caused a tennis ball to hit my right eye.

i've been using my ti-80 like for about 24 days. this is how i feel about it. it was stiff and demanding. great for s&v game. strong baseline stroke. no vibration (no pain on arm), i'll probably be buying another one. cheers! :mrgreen:
 

hjhsu

New User
thatballwas_IN said:
have you tried the RDX500 HD? 18x20 string pattern might be better for you.

Have you tried a LM Radical MP? Although lighter, its even balance makes it a solid hitting frame.

sounds like you need to demo a bunch of new frames to find the one that feels right for your game. good luck!

No, i have not tried RDX500 HD. Maybe i can also try this frame. I dont like LM Radical MP becaue of the balance point. So i choose the two frames with the same balance point 8pt.

Thanks for your help. :)
 

hjhsu

New User
wyutani said:
hello mate', here is how i fell about my yonex ti-80, who mercilessly caused a tennis ball to hit my right eye.

i've been using my ti-80 like for about 24 days. this is how i feel about it. it was stiff and demanding. great for s&v game. strong baseline stroke. no vibration (no pain on arm), i'll probably be buying another one. cheers! :mrgreen:


So, u can hit with ti-80 for flat shot or topspin easily. Is ti-80 an spin machine like RDX500 MP? Thanks...
 

wyutani

Hall of Fame
hjhsu said:
So, u can hit with ti-80 for flat shot or topspin easily. Is ti-80 an spin machine like RDX500 MP? Thanks...

hmmm...it is possible to produce a heavy topspin wif ti-80, i tried it loads of time, but of course i used the "low-to-high" method plus a western grip. really heavy i say, great for power baselining. for the case of RDX500 MP, i dunno, never used it before.
 

monologuist

Hall of Fame
I've spent some time with both of these frames....

The Ti-80 is capable of executing a heavy spin game, but it has enough control on flatter shots that if you prefer hitting that way, no problem. Compared to the RDX-500, I think it hits a little less spinny, more penetrating...best of all, it serves much much better. The LM Prestige MP is probably a little better in terms of hitting flat, but you definitely lose some potential for spin on kickserves and such, so in this way, I'd say it is less versatile. The TI-80 is kind of a jack-of-all-trades IMO. It is great for serve and volley type tennis, but can hold up to heavy baseline bashing as well. They have very different feels though, so it may come down to that...as you said the Prestige feels very flexy, almost as if it bends on contact. The Ti-80 has a much crisper feel with less dwell time. I would recommend stringing with a soft string (gut hybrid would be ideal) at low tensions , maybe 53-56 lbs. for both, especially the Prestige. Ti-80 gets the nod on kickserves, topspin, slices, volleys, touch/feel, and maneuverability...Prestige MP is better at flat serves and flatter shots, bigger sweetspot/more solid feeling. They are about equal in power and control. Both are great racquets...I doubt you would go wrong with either.

Too bad the Ti-70 is discontinued..I have a feeling you would like that the best....it is nearly identical to the Ti-80, except it has an 18x20 pattern and is about 1/4" longer.
 

hjhsu

New User
monologuist said:
I've spent some time with both of these frames....

The Ti-80 is capable of executing a heavy spin game, but it has enough control on flatter shots that if you prefer hitting that way, no problem. Compared to the RDX-500, I think it hits a little less spinny, more penetrating...best of all, it serves much much better. The LM Prestige MP is probably a little better in terms of hitting flat, but you definitely lose some potential for spin on kickserves and such, so in this way, I'd say it is less versatile. The TI-80 is kind of a jack-of-all-trades IMO. It is great for serve and volley type tennis, but can hold up to heavy baseline bashing as well. They have very different feels though, so it may come down to that...as you said the Prestige feels very flexy, almost as if it bends on contact. The Ti-80 has a much crisper feel with less dwell time. I would recommend stringing with a soft string (gut hybrid would be ideal) at low tensions , maybe 53-56 lbs. for both, especially the Prestige. Ti-80 gets the nod on kickserves, topspin, slices, volleys, touch/feel, and maneuverability...Prestige MP is better at flat serves and flatter shots, bigger sweetspot/more solid feeling. They are about equal in power and control. Both are great racquets...I doubt you would go wrong with either.

Too bad the Ti-70 is discontinued..I have a feeling you would like that the best....it is nearly identical to the Ti-80, except it has an 18x20 pattern and is about 1/4" longer.


hmm, i also read ur previous comment about ti-80. This is also my another reason to consider this frame. ya, i also tried to search ti-70 in Taiwan. But i think it's difficult to find one. Another frame, RDX500 HD, how about ur comments...Thanks for ur kindly reply.~ :)
 
Top