Discussion in 'Pro Match Results and Discussion' started by JayChu, Jan 5, 2013.
Day 4: Stephens
2013 AUSTRALIAN OPEN - ORDER OF PLAY - DAY FOUR
1.  V Azarekna (BLR) vs. E Daniilidou (GRE)
2. S Peng (CHN) vs.  M Kirilenko (RUS)
3.  V Lepchenko (USA) vs. E Vesnina (RUS)
4. A Morita (JPN) vs. A Beck (GER)
5. A Amanmuradova (UZB) vs.  R Vinci (ITA)
6.  S Williams (USA) vs. G Muguruza (ESP)
7.  S-W Hsieh (TPE) vs. S Kuznetsova (RUS)
8.  Y Wickmayer (BEL) vs. J Cepelova (SVK)
9. [Q] L Kumkhum (THA) vs. J Hampton (USA)
10. Y Putintseva (KAZ) vs. C Suarez Navarro (ESP)
11. [Q] D Gavrilova (RUS) vs. [Q] L Tsurenko (UKR)
12.  C Wozniacki (DEN) vs. D Vekic (CRO)
13. B Jovanovski (SRB) vs.  L Safarova (CZE)
14. K Date-Krumm (JPN) vs. S Peer (ISR)
15.  S Stephens (USA) vs. K Mladenovic (FRA)
16. L Robson (GBR) vs.  P Kvitova (CZE)
Day 4: Suarez Navarro
Day 4 Kuznetsova
Thank you all for your inputs on improving the game. Nice to see some suggestions being thrown around. While I do appreciate it, I think I will not follow through with consolation rounds. As Ico said earlier, this is called "Sudden Death League" for a reason: One bad pick and you're out of the tournament.
If any of you have any further improvements on the game, please let Ico or myself know! We appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Day 4: Sloane Stephens
Day 4: Jamie Hampton
Change to Vinci
Day 4: Vinci
Just saw that the game already finished.
Changed it to:
Day 4: Safarova.
Day 5: Georges
Day 5 Li Na
Day 5: Zheng
2013 AUSTRALIAN OPEN - DAY FIVE
1.  A Kerber (GER) vs. [WC] M Keys (AUS)
2. H Watson (GBR) vs.  A Radwanska (POL)
3.  E Makarova (RUS) vs.  M Bartoli (FRA)
4.  J Goerges (GER) vs. J Zheng (CHN)
5.  N Li (CHN) vs.  S Cirstea (ROU)
6.  A Ivanovic (SRB) vs.  J Jankovic (SRB)
7. [Q] V Savinykh (RUS) vs. K Flipkens (BEL)
8.  V Williams (USA) vs.  M Sharapova (RUS)
Down to the final 11
Day 5: Li Na
Day 5 Ivanovic
Day 5: Flipkens
Day 5: Bartoli
Day 5: Flipper
Day 5 Pick: Radwanska
Day 5: Flipkens
Change to Radwanska
Yes.....I am a flake LOL
I don't blame you... Goerges/Zheng is a complete toss up.
Ya...I thought about it and the risk isn't worth it haha.
Welp. I am out. It was fun while it lasted...
Well, now you have company. Bartoli fights back from 0-5 in the third set but then gets broken after getting it back to 4-5. Yeesh.
UGH!!! See if I ever pick you again Bartoli!!
Tip toe through the minefield...
Day 6: Woz
Day 6 Kuznetsova
2013 AUSTRALIAN OPEN - DAY SIX
1.  V Azarenka (BLR) vs. J Hampton (USA)
2.  Y Wickmayer (BEL) vs.  M Kirilenko (RUS)
3. S Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. C Suarez Navarro (ESP)
4.  S Williams (USA) vs. A Morita (JPN)
5. E Vesnina (RUS) vs.  R Vinci (ITA)
6.  C Wozniacki (DEN) vs. [Q] L Tsurenko (UKR)
7.  S Stephens (USA) vs. L Robson (GBR)
8. K Date-Krumm (JPN) vs. B Jovanovski (SRB)
Day 6 Pick: Victoria Azarenka
Day 6: Wozniacki
day 6 Kirilenko
Day 6: Vinci
Well, Vinci knocked me out. So sad. I was having my best run yet.
RD 16: Kerber
Also...good luck to all my fellow remaining SDLers...hopefully one of us gets the 2000 points and proves these things are winnable LOL
2013 AUSTRALIAN OPEN - ROUND OF 16 MATCHES
1.  V Azarenka (BLR) vs. E Vesnina (RUS)
2.  C Wozniacki (DEN) vs. S Kuznetsova (RUS)
3.  S Williams (USA) vs.  M Kirilenko (RUS)
4. B Jovanovski (SRB) vs.  S Stephens (USA)
5.  N Li (CHN) vs.  J Goerges (GER)
6.  A Ivanovic (SRB) vs.  A Radwanska (POL)
7.  A Kerber (GER) vs.  E Makarova (RUS)
8. K Flipkens (BEL) vs.  M Sharapova (RUS)
JadeC and jamesblakefan#1 did win the WTA SDL event at the Olympics last year, but no one has ever won a GS event yet.
R16: Na Li
Thats what i meant. The majors and the ten picks seem to daunting and impossible..I hope someone can prove its not
It doesn't seem bad this time for a lot of you. Most of you still have the Top 4 as picks remaining. I do think that the WTA Top 4 will all advance to the semis.
But that is just me
RD 16 Kerber
Separate names with a comma.