Private conversationPer our conversation, lol, I am going to make a Top Half and Bottom Half Round 1 pick, just in case, the weather renders it difficult or impossible for me to get on over the weekend. If it lingers on, and I can't get back on by the start of the 2nd round, then you may make picks for me, provided I'm still in the game. Not that I don't trust your judgment, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Bottom Half R1 Pick: Kevin Anderson
Backup: PCB gonna TCB!
Top Half R1 Pick: Fabio Fognini
Thank you. At least I have got someone accompanying with me on the trip.
Im backWelcome to the 25th event of the 2017 ATP Sudden Death League Season and our Final Slam of the year:
2017 US Open Championships
New York City, USA
28 August - 10/11 September, 2017
Outdoor Hard Court
RULES (Slam / Major Event):
1. In the Main Draw, you pick one player who you think is going to win. It's a knock out-system: if the player you picked wins, you're through to the next round. If he loses, you're out.
2. You pick one player per "half" of the draw for the first 3 rounds. From the Round of 16 (R4), pick by the round - this will mean making 10 correct picks in total to win the title.
3. You can pick a player only ONCE. Obviously it's important to make smart choices in order to get far. If you have no picks remaining, you're eliminated from the competition.
4. You cannot pick a player from a match that has started already.
5. You cannot advance to the next round via a walkover since it is hard to know exactly when someone announced they were pulling out HOWEVER this rule does not apply once you reach the semifinals
6. Since you cannot win a match by a walkover it is highly advised that you make a back-up pick to your main pick - when listing your picks make sure you specify which is your back-up.
7. If the player you picked retires during the match, you're out. If he retires before the match, your back-up pick will be used unless you change your pick before your back up match begins.
8. If the opponent of the person you picked withdraws and is replaced by a lucky loser your original pick will stand unless you specifically change it. (Usual caveat with this rule and the consideration of BU applies)
9. NEVER edit your pick. If you want to change your pick, please quote your old pick and choose a new player. Edited posts will not be taken into consideration.
SCORES FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
1 correct pick: 50
2 correct picks: 100
3 correct picks: 160
4 correct picks: 220
5 correct picks: 300
6 correct picks: 380
7 correct picks: 500
8 correct picks: 800
9 correct picks: 1300
We will see which half of the draw plays first according to the schedule before finalising the order of picks. You are permitted to make conditional picks for the following half/round if you find that your pick is one of the last matches for that half/round and your next desired pick is scheduled to play before your original pick.
2017 LEAGUE FILE